We are starting a new unit this week: Transportation
Books This Week:
Fritz and the Beautiful Horses
Mr. George Baker
Small Groups For This Week:
1. Ramp Bowling- using a ramp we will roll a ball to knock down the pins. We will change the height of the ramp to see if it changes how the ball rolls.
2. Guess my tool book- We will finish a book from our last unit of community helpers
3. Transportation Spinner Graphing Game- we will spin a spinner to see which mode of transportation it lands on. Then we will graph our results.
1. Land, Sea, Air Transportation Sort- We will sort vehicles by their mode of transportation.
2. Uppercase and Lowercase Letter sort
3. Fine Motor Activity-Cut shapes then glue them to create a truck.
Rug Activity- Train station with tickets and conductor
Science- ramp exploration
Art Table: making paper airplanes
Blocks: building roads
Sensory Table:construction site
Book Area: books about transportation
Writing Table: traffic light
Dramatic Play: cooking in the kitchen
Puzzles and Manipulatives: puzzles about community
We will continuing a program called Handwriting Without Tears. It's focus is on letter formation and letter awareness. This program reinforces proper grasp and trying to strengthen fine motor muscles.
-When someone does something nice to you, look at them and say, Thank you.