Friday, March 23, 2012
Transportation March 26-30
The Adventures of Taxi Dog
How Will We Get to the Beach?
Small Groups For This Week:
1. Phonemic Awareness- Transportation Letter Sorting- We will sort objects that need to be transported by their beginning sound.
2. Science- Sink or Float Experiment- We will observe and record a variety of objects to see if they will sink or float
3. Math- Building Towers- We will use 1 inch cubes to build a tower. We will record how high our tower was before it fell. We will then observe our results using math vocabulary; most, least, equal.
1. Language- Uppercase and Lowercase Letter Go Fish Game
2. Math- Rocket Ship Blast Off- We will put numbers in order from the highest to lowest as we create a rocket ship countdown strip
3. Engineering/Science- We will use paper, cardboard, and wood to create a bridge. We will attempt to create bridges to hold the most amount of pennies. We will then record and observe our findings.
Rug Activity- Land, Sea, and Air Transportatin
Science- What can spin? Exploring wheels, tops....
Art Table: Spin Art
Blocks: building bridges
Sensory Table:Sink or Float Exploration
Book Area: books about transportation
Writing Table: making street signs
Dramatic Play: Cub Cadet Travel Agency
Puzzles and Manipulative: puzzles about transportation
Let's Talk About It
-How do people travel?
-Choosing the best kind of transportatation for where you need to go?
-What gets transported besides people?
-Space Travel (I want to Be an Astronaut)
-Transportation for recreation or run
Letters with diagonals- N, R, V, etc.
We will continuing a program called Handwriting Without Tears. It's focus is on letter formation and letter awareness. This program reinforces proper grasp and trying to strengthen fine motor muscles.
-When someone is in your way or has something you want, say "Excuse Me" to get their attention, then say"May I _____" to get what you want.