Concept Questions For This Week:
-What is a garden?
-What cares does a garden need?
-What is a farm?
-What work needs to be done to grow food?
-Why do farmers have animals?
Small Groups This Week:
1. Planting seeds- We will decorate cups with markers, add soil, and add grass seeds. We will be watching our seeds grow over the course of this unit.
2. Sequence the life cycle of plants- We will color, cut, then sequence 4 pictures to show the life cycle of plants.
3. Math- We will be cutting pictures of farm animals. Then we will sort the farm animals to count them. We will then graph them to determine the most and least. We will discuss the beginning letters of the animals as well.
1. Bingo Game- Our bingo boards will have tools that can be found on a farm. (rake, tractor,hoe, shovel, sickle,.....)
2. Art- Creating textured animals to add to our farm mural (to be created at center time)
3.Math- we will create patterns to reinforce left to right progression. We will add a farmer at the end to illustrate the farmer getting chased by the animals.(Just like in our story Farmer Duck)
**We have 3 small groups a day that rotate with different children.
Some activities will continue next week. **
Art Table:Farm Mural
Block Area:blocks and farm animals
Sensory Table:dirt and popscicle sticks to make rows for seeds
Book Area: books about farms and growing
Easel: painting with primary colors
Writing Table: creating seed packets
Dramatic Play: playing farm (role play being farmer and animals)
Puzzles and Manipulatives: farm related puzzles
Science Table: Observing our new gerbils from the Science Center
Preschool Life Skills
Every week we will be reinforcing previous skills and introducing new skills. Some weeks we will spend more time with a previous skill before moving to a new skill.
-Manner 1-"When a teacher calls your name, you stop, look at the speaker, and say "yes".
-Manner 2- "When I give you an instruction, do it right away."
-Manner 3-"When I give you instructions, you do them right away."(following multi-step directions)