Books This Week:
Yoko's Paper Cranes
A Carp for Kimiko
Concept For This Week:
-Different kinds of birthday cards
-Immigration of our relatives and family
-behavior at a store
Small Groups This Week:
1. Max Cover Puzzle- We will cut and then assemble a 9 piece puzzle. It will be the cover of our Bunny Cakes book.
2. Journal writing- The places you have gone. Then we will create a class book to be sent home.
3. Paper Folding- We will make origami cats and dogs like in Yoko did with her grandpa.
1.Paper Carps- We will use fine motor skills to create paper fish (carps) just like Kimoko wanted in our unit book
2. Carp/Doll Patterning- We will extend or create patterns using dolls and carps around our cover of our book.
3. Pine Cones to put outside to feed the birds. Using crisco and bird seed we will create a tasty treat for birds outside our classroom.
Art Table:playdough birthday cakes
Sensory Table: colored rice
Book Area: books about families
Easel:Max and Ruby birthday cakes
Writing Table: lists for the grocery store
Dramatic Play: grocery store
Puzzles and Manipulatives: Ipads
We will be starting a program called Handwriting Without Tears. We will be starting an extra time in our schedule for this program. It's focus is on letter formation and letter awareness. For example, we will be stressing that letters and numbers start at the top; letters are formed with big and little lines as well as big curves and little curves. We will be playing with these shapes to form letters.